Thursday, March 18, 2010

My little boy

Today I had to take Micah to the dentist to get some cavities filled. I took him on Monday and they made him take Versed ( a sedative) and laughing gas but it just made him hyper and the couldn't fill the cavities. So today they out him under for the procedure. When they first out the mask on him and he was a bit restless but hen 30 seconds later he was out. It took about 45 min to fill the cavities and then when I went in to see him he was crying and he was hysterical. But that's to be expected. I brought him home and I had to carry him in from the car. And if you know where I live you know that the parking lot is not near my apartment so lugging a 51 lb kid was really hard for me. He has been laying on the couch for a while but I think he is feeling better because he is up and whats to eat more than just yogurt. When I was little I don't remember it being this nice, when I had cavities filled you sat in the chair and you sat still and you just had to buck up even if it hurt. Now a days they want you sedated or under so you don't feel it. I'm just glad that we3 have insurance to pay for all this!! When I was explaining to Micah last night about the fact that they would give him medicine to make him sleepy Isaiah came to me and said " When are you going to give me medicine to make me sleepy? Why can't I have the sleepy medicine?" I said because you don't have cavities. He doesn't know that he's been under more than his fair share. But he does really well when it comes to needles and medical things. I think he's use to it. I hope Micah is well enough to go to school tomorrow. I know it's hard to stay home even though you are in a little bit of pain. My little boy is not so little anymore he's so big!!

4 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oh - poor little guy! My 5 year old is so scared of needles and the dentist too. Maybe they will get over it as they get bigger?

((hugs))
Jen

Melisa said...

Girl I went to the dentist yesterday and got the laughing gas and the shot. I am still not good at going to the dentist....and I only had one cavity filled:) Hope Micah is feeling better...good job at getting him inside...what did you do with baby girl?

Madry Family said...

Mel Dwayne doesn't have classes on Thursdays and doesn't go to work until 6 so he was home with the other kids. Micah is fine except the tooth that decides to come in behind his baby teeth. And they said we'll wait a month to see if we should pull out the baby tooth if is doesn't come out on it's own. I don't want to have to sedate him again! I hate the dentist also!!!

Ibiam said...

I am sure he is up and running around now. I do not like dentists that much even though they do give you prizes :)