Monday, November 3, 2008

My little man

This post is all about Isaiah. he's looks so big but he is behind in many ways. Today we had him tested by a speech language pathologist and she said that his vocabulary is missing alot of the consanants that most kids his age can say. Letters like d,p,b,m,t,h,and w. he mostly speeks using vowels so like doggie comes out oggie. And baby is ee. So this mean that when he is done with early intervention on his third birthday in January he will go right in to pre-school with the school district and have a speech therapist work with him on a daily basis. I 'm excited for him to start this new chapter in his life. But we might be sorry when he learns to talk because now he jabbers all the time, and we might not get him to shut up when he does learn. I have a song on my blog by Mark Shultz  that is called " He's my Son" and if you have time to listen to it all the way through it explains how Dwayne and I felt when we had to take Isaiah to primary's the first time for his surgery and all the tests. It's one thing if you have life threatning illness but it's another to watch your child have one. If there is one thing I can tell you about it, it is that I gained a very strong testimony at that time and greater love for our savior. Without him we wouldn't have made it through the scariest time in our lives. Not to mention our friends and family( Melisa, Heather, Evelyn, Valerie, Missy, Karen,Grandma's and Grandpa) they stepped right up to take care of Micah when I needed to be at the hospital for two months. THANK YOU GUYS!!!! We are so lucky to have people around us who love us and we love them. We count our blessing now that he's been a year and six months without a hospital stay. And he's dormant on the Liver transplant list. Doctors are baffled that he turned around so quickly , but I know it was all the praying and fasting we did. Heavenly father wanted Isaiah on this earth for a reason greater than we know. It goes to show that he is always here for us no matter what and we can always call on him. He's our constant friend and companion. We may not be where we thought we would today but we know that the lord will see us through our hard times and help us on our path to where we want to be. 

4 comments:

Melisa said...

WOW. I loved this post. It is so great to have a friend like you. I always say what an amazing, strong, special person you are and this goes to show exactly why. Thank you for always being such a great example to me. Isaiah and Micah are so lucky to have you as their mommy. I am so glad that we have such a great friendship. I just love you!

Melisa said...

And hello.....that song....cryin over here! I am just so glad that Isaiah has been so strong through everything. He will do great!

Lynne said...

I love this post so much! Even though trials are hard, they bring us closer to the Lord and remind us that we cannot get through this life alone. Your boys are so precious!

Tiffany Ann said...

Hi Anna- I am glad we are friends again, it is so fun seeing you again after all these years. Good luck with Isaiah, I know he will do great in school.